Wednesday, April 16, 2008

oops!

So as all of you that are on the listserv probably have already read, I was trying to reply to one email last night, and somehow it ended up going out to the entire serv. Oops! This is why you should never type when tired...

On another note, a few people have asked me about the lawsuit I mentioned in the email. I didn't realize there were a few people that hadn't heard yet. So here's the link to one of the news articles about it -- I hope you can all find it helpful. The chapter is also working on some hazing workshops for the near future, I'm fairly positive. At SED there was a required hazing workshop for all participants and brothers. I've emailed Rod Whiteman, the brother that gave the presentation, with a few questions and got a draft of the powerpoint that he used. That presentation will probably be going out over the serv sometime in the near future. Part of membership education, I've realized, is not educating the brothers that are currently in the circle, but alumni as well.

Anyway, sorry for all the bad news and whatnot. And sorry again for the confusion on the email. I hope everyone has a great day!

Ex-student alleges hazing, sues CSU, fraternity for $12 million

2 comments:

clemsonkelly said...

Just as an fyi, for you and any new alumni. The listserv always replies to everyone. That is how it is set up. You have to actually type the email of the person you want to send it to and delete the alumni address.

ellie said...

Would love to hear some of y'all's thoughts on this hazing issue. i wish there was a way to distinguish between acceptable hazing and abuse. It seems a shame that "rights of passage" can no longer be because of the fear of litigation.

What do you guys think of this MEP's claim?