Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Chapter Update

Hey Alumni --

I haven't forgotten about this blog, I just figured that since I bombard you enough via the listserv with information that there was no reason to double up on most of the information you're getting. So here's a bit of information on the Rho's:

The Rho's are doing pretty well as a class. For their service project, they are overhauling the music library and getting everything organized. Kind of a feat, if you've seen the uniform room/music library as of late. They're also required to make up their own service project. They're also in charge of updating the chronicle (as most classes are). For fundraising they, like the service project, have to come up with their own as a class.

I haven't been to the candidate meetings because, well, I don't have a little and I personally feel that the more brothers are hoovering over candidates as they try to have their meeting is a little...daunting, to say the least. But I have had interviews with most of them and they all seem like great kids and have good potential as brothers. As far as I know, no one has failed a test yet (or so was the verdict on Sunday). Their next test will be next week and they'll be taking the district test.

Also, next week is the retreat at Toccoa, GA. It seems to be a good time for all, as about 15 of you alumni have said that they're going to be attending in one way or another. Side plug for the Catholics going to retreat: I'm 99% sure that we will NOT be doing the watery pasta stuff, but something different for friday/Lent. For those of you that are coming, remember it's 15$ a night, and if you can pay before, that would be great, but otherwise please bring the money to retreat.

ALSO! Something I may not have mentioned about retreat is that there will be archery. It will by 5$ extra and a cost that you incur yourself, but if you're interested, realize that that activity IS available. There will also be waterfalls and whatnot within hiking distance, as I'm told. Amy Dombrowski (the VP) and I will be travelling down to Toccoa early to scope out the area. Dinner/festivities should start for everyone around 7 or so.

ALSO x2: Second chapter interview is during retreat -- if you want to bring something, feel free to bring something (and by something I hope you remember what I'm talking about 'cuz I can't really go into detail). But this will be a good chance for all of you to get to know the candidates and the candidates to know you -- more than anything I'm hoping that this will begin to bridge the long deteriorating bridge between the current KB and Alumni.

Lastly (or ALSO X3) please keep each other in your prayers. As the new year continues to roll on, things are changing for all of us -- some for the good, some for the not-as-good-as-we'd-like-them-to-be -- but remember that it's the love of friends and brothers that often get us through the rough patches.

Always and forever AEA
~Amy "Jersey" Carroll

No comments: